Saturday Morning Game Times
This schedule has been developed to allow 20 minutes between groups. Please end games by 9:50am to allow groups to start moving out before the next group arrives. When games run late, this creates parking issues and adds stress on the neighbourhood, as other groups coming in have no place to park and are forced to park deeper into the residential areas.
Please help us to respect our neighbours!
- Parents should refrain from yelling instructions at the players during games - especially when they have the ball. Decision making and creativity are an important part of a young player's cognitive development, and shouting instructions such as "Shoot!" and "Go!" hinder this decision making process - and limits their technical repertoire. Please leave the coaching to the coaches.
- Parents, family and friends are to position themselves around the outside of the Braefoot #3 field. The central channels are for players and coaches only.
- Due to the side-to-side and unpredictable movements associated with dribbling, it is a great tool in the developing of physical literacy. Dribbling and ball control are an essential part of a young player's development, and should be balanced with passing technique at this age.
- Physical literacy is of the utmost importance at these young ages, and activities which require agility, balance and coordination are essential. "Drills" with long lines or standing are strongly discouraged.
- Constantly telling the players with the ball what to do during games, or "remote controlling" is strongly discouraged at our club.
- 2 x 22 minute halves. Please do your best to end all activities on time.
- A maximum of 5v5 on each field - including goalkeepers.
Complete U9/10 Game Schedules can be viewed and downloaded through the registration system. The field map is below.