Effective August 31 we have opened fall soccer registration. Some key points you are going to want to be aware of:
- Our planned program is from mid-September to end of November (about 10 weeks). We do not have an official start date yet but are targeting the week of September 21.
- We have a flat rate fee of $200 for all but the youngest players (who will only get one session per week). Everyone else will get two sessions (one practice/one game) per week (one weeknight, one weekend). Additional sessions may be scheduled once we have a better idea of our space needs. There are no transfer fees or out-of-boundary restrictions this year. Spaces may be limited due to the cohorting restrictions.
- There will be games and they will include most of the usual soccer rules (throw-ins being the biggest exception). Players must stay within their cohorts so what that looks like is still to be determined. There will likely not be a league like previous seasons – at least not in the fall. We are in discussions about partnering with another club or clubs to allow for more robust cohorts and competition.
- Players will be assigned to cohorts once they have registered. Once cohorts start play, they will be locked in for the full length of the program.
- Players can only belong to one cohort. You cannot be registered at Lakehill and be part of a separate club or academy (paid or not). School Academies are excluded from this rule. We may run the Lakehill Academy if we can adapt it to the cohort model.
- We do not have times figured out yet, but we will endeavor to stick as much as possible to the formula we have used for the past 6 years – boys Tuesday or Thursday, girls Monday or Wednesday. Games on Saturdays & Sundays. There will be some exceptions to this as we are limited to 50 participants on the field at a time.
- We understand that asking people to register without providing them with details may cause some family scheduling issues. We will be offering a 100% refund during September for anyone who needs to pull out because the schedule doesn’t work for them.
- Every player who registers will receive a cloth Lakehill mask. Additional masks will be available for purchase.
- For those who are not comfortable with games and contact, we will have a socially distant option for players under the age of ten based on our summer Blaster Buddies program.
You likely have many additional questions – you are not alone! We are working on this as quickly as we can, but there are loads of moving parts. We will send out additional info and also post it to the Lakehill website as we have it. At this point, we need you to register so that we have an idea about demand and can start figuring out the cohorts. Again, all fees will be fully refundable during the month of September while we figure this all out.
We are in the process of revising our return to play plan - but it will be based on what we have already published. You can view those documents on the Lakehill website.